Don’t let the title mislead you. This is no ordinary assistant position. The Administrative Assistant at CPI serves as the Director of First Impressions. As the first point of contact with our visitors, suppliers, vendors, and callers, this position promotes our brand and customer experience from the front line. With equal focus on quality and customer service, you’ll ensure that all calls and people get where they’re supposed to go effectively. And you’ll keep our office and projects in tip-top shape by providing outstanding support to our teams. In addition to general administrative support, the Administrative Assistant helps with travel planning, event coordination, and benefit administration. This role requires strong organizational ability, attention to detail, confidentiality, and multitasking. In addition, they must be able to demonstrate a professional and friendly demeanor when interfacing with customers, employees, and management.
- Own and manage the office’s front desk, reception area, and common areas.
- Perform clerical functions such as answering phone calls and correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging meetings/conference rooms, and organizing lunches for meetings.
- Administer employee benefit plans, ensuring accuracy, compliance, and confidentiality.
- Provide extensive support in company-sponsored event execution, including obtaining venues, vendors, and marketing materials and interacting with venue staff members.
- Coordinate and book travel arrangements and accommodations in multiple cities nationwide, often for several people at once.
- Finalize itineraries and proactively communicate/confirm details with travelers.
- Maintain administrative processes, including interacting with vendors, cleaning company, and stocking office supplies.
- Respond to information requests promptly and with a positive attitude.
- Complete special projects for other members of the management team as needed.
- Maintain Companywide calendar.
- Coordinate and facilitate new employee onboarding.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates will have/be:
- A passion and commitment to represent our Core Values
- 5+ years of Administrative Assistant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A demonstrated superior level of customer service and care of all employees, vendors, and candidates
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, Word)
- G Suite experience a plus
- Experience making travel accommodations for others, including large groups
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Action-oriented with a demonstrated high level of integrity and trust
- A customer-first mindset
- Ability to provide first-class support
Here is a handful of things we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefit programs
- An engineering firm at heart. Founded and run by software engineers.
- Family Run Company with family values. Dad started the company, and the three sons are leading it into the future.
- Over thirty years in business, clients in 30 states, 81 employees all working at the same place. These numbers add up to a stable work environment where everyone knows your name, and you can make an impact.
CPI has contracts with State, Federal, and Local Law Enforcement Agencies. As a result of this activity, CPI personnel come into contact with what is classified as sensitive data, including Criminal History Records, so each candidate must pass a background check.