The CPI Software Developer will join a team focused on the development and maintenance of various applications supporting our clients in the Law Enforcement community. The successful candidate will be a self-directed problem solver with experience in application design, Java/JDBC/Hibernate/Spring development, microservice, and socket level programming.
The successful candidate will be tasked to work on a Java middle-tier application; backed by a relational database (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL) via JDBC/hibernate, and fronted by CPI’s transaction-based law enforcement message switch via proprietary TCP/IP protocols. In addition, the role will expand to focus on Web application development, with an Angular front end and microservice back end.
- Develop robust, high performance, flexible applications
- Assist in various phases of software development from use case requirements gathering through designing, coding, and testing
- Analyze, diagnose and provide solutions for application and performance issues
- Develop and maintain procedures and documentation
- Clearly communicate status to management
- Knowledge sharing with other team members
- Core Java with Spring, Hibernate, and Web service (SOAP/REST) experiences.
- Proven knowledge of the most current security and web development programming languages
- Top-notch programming and design skills
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object-Oriented Programming, and web application development
- Able to develop and work on a Linux, AIX, or a Unix derived OS
- Socket level messaging
- Self-directed problem solving
- Be able to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing
- Strong teamwork skills
- Experience with test-driven software development
- Experience writing automated test cases
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages
- Experience with some type of version control tool, preferably GIT.
- Must be able to pass state and federal law enforcement/public safety agency background checks for all CPI customers
- Willingness to travel throughout the United States as required
- Be able to work daily from our corporate headquarters in Bolingbrook, IL. Must be willing to relocate if necessary.
- Able to work outside of standard office hours
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
Here is a handful of things we offer:
- An engineering firm at heart. Founded and run by software engineers.
- Family Run Company with family values. Dad started the company and the 3 sons are leading it into the future
- On that note, the benefits are great and flexible working hours to enable work-life balance.
- Over thirty years in business, 40 clients in 28 states, over 60 employees all working at the same place. These numbers add up to a stable work environment where everyone knows your name and you can make an impact.