We’re looking for an innovative problem solver that loves to lead by example and inspire team performance. Your success will be driven by your hands-on expertise crafting technology solutions and commitment to excellence.
In this role, you will join a team focused on the development and maintenance of various Client/Server and Web Applications, supporting our clients in the Law Enforcement community. The successful candidate will be a self-directed problem-solver with GUI development experience and software development knowledge through a full product life cycle.
- Design, develop, and maintain Java-based user interfaces for client/server applications.
- Design, develop and maintain Web-based applications
- Assist in various phases of software development from use case requirements gathering through design, code, testing and deployment
- Analyze and diagnose application errors and performance issues
- Develop and maintain procedures and documentation
- Clearly communicate status to management
- Knowledge sharing with team members
Qualities of Successful Candidates
- Efficiently manage time and priorities
- Proficient operating outside of the job description
- Demonstrate creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to provide solutions
- Able to complete complicated & elaborate work tasks that may seem challenging to analyze
- Independently able to analyze business requirements and assist manager in creating technical specifications and design solutions.
- Strong software developer
- Ability to quickly come up to speed with new frameworks and technology
- Knowledge and experience developing Java-based front-end applications
- Fundamental understanding of web-based system design, programming, and development
- Knowledge and experience in JSON, XML and XSLT technology
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Strong testing skills (module, integration, system testing, etc.)
- Familiar with Unix, AIX and/or Windows Server
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop creative solutions
- Willingness to travel throughout the United States as required
- College degree in a related field of study
- Experience with some type of version control software (i.e., GIT, Mercurial)
- Experience writing automated test cases using Junit a plus
- Experience with HTML, XML, and JSON
- Knowledge of Jasper Reports a plus
- Knowledge of JDBC, SQL, PL/SQL, T/SQL
- Experience with mobile app development for Android and IOS Platforms a plus
- Web Development experience a plus
- Knowledge and experience in Angular, HTLM5, JS, jQuery, CSS3, XHTML, AJAX, Tomcat and Java Servlets
CPI has contracts with State, Federal, and Local Law Enforcement Agencies. As a result of this activity, CPI personnel comes into contact with sensitive data, including Criminal History Records, so each candidate must pass a background check.