We’re looking for an innovative problem solver that loves to lead by example and inspire team performance. Your success will be driven by your hands-on expertise crafting technology solutions and commitment to excellence.
In this role, you will join a team focused on the development and maintenance of various Client/Server and Web Applications, supporting our clients in the Law Enforcement community. The successful candidate will be a self-directed problem solver with GUI development experience and software development knowledge through a full product life cycle.
• Design and develop Java Swing user interfaces for client/server applications.
• Design, develop and maintain Web-based applications
• Assist in various phases of software development from use case requirements gathering through design, code, and testing
• Analyze and diagnose application errors and performance issues
• Develop and maintain procedures and documentation
• Clearly communicate status to management
• Analyze complex issues and develop appropriate solutions
• Knowledge sharing with team members
Qualities of Successful Candidates
• Efficiently manage time and priorities
• Proficient operating outside of the job description
• Demonstrate creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to develop solutions
• Able to complete complicated & elaborate work tasks that may seem difficult to analyze
• Independently able to analyze business requirements and assist manager in creating technical requirements or design guidelines.
• Strong software developer
• Ability to easily come up to speed with new frameworks and technology
• Knowledge and experience developing Java-based front-end applications
• Fundamental understanding of web-based systems design, programming, and development
• Knowledge and experience in JSON, XML and XSLT technology
• Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
• Strong testing skills (module, integration, system testing, etc)
• Familiar with Unix, AIX and/or Windows Server
• Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing
• Ability to develop creative solutions
• Willingness to travel throughout the United States as required
• College degree in a related field of study
• Experience with some type of version control software (i.e., GIT, Mercurial)
• Experience writing automated test cases using Junit a plus
• Experience with HTML, XML, and JSON
• Knowledge of Jasper Reports a plus
• Knowledge of JDBC, SQL, PL/SQL, T/SQL
• Experience with mobile app development for Android and IOS Platforms a plus
• Web Development experience a plus
• Knowledge and experience in Angular, HTLM5, JS, jQuery, CSS3, XHTML, AJAX, Tomcat and Java Servlets
CPI has contracts with State, Federal and Local Law Enforcement Agencies. As a result of this activity, CPI personnel comes into contact with what is classified as sensitive data, including Criminal History Records so each candidate must pass a background check.
Here is a handful of things we have to offer:
• An engineering firm at heart. Founded and run by software engineers.
• Family Run Company with family values. Dad started the company, and the three sons are leading it into the future
• On that note, the benefits are great, and there is no one looking over your shoulder when you need to work from home. Just think how handy that will be when you are waiting for that next Amazon delivery
• Over thirty years in business, 40 clients in 28 states, 56 employees all working at the same place. These numbers add up to a stable work environment where everyone knows your name, and you can make an impact.