We’re looking for a solid C and Java developer who understands network programming and web services. Your success will be driven by your ability to develop new solutions as well as troubleshoot existing solutions deployed to CPI’s customer base.
In this role, you will join a team focused on the development and maintenance of secure, fast, reliable communications interfaces using standards-based protocols and message formats including TCP-IP, Web Services, MQ-Series, Sockets, SOAP, RESTful, XML/JSON etc.
The successful candidate will be a self-directed innovative problem solver with strong C and Java experience who can lead by example and inspire team performance.
- Develop and maintain C and Java code.
- Analyze complex issues and develop appropriate solutions
- Assist in various phases of software development from use case requirements gathering through design, code, testing, deployment, and support.
- Develop and maintain procedures and documentation
- Diagnose application errors and performance issues
- Clearly communicate status to management
- Knowledge sharing with team members
Qualities of Successful Candidates
- Efficiently manages time and priorities
- Able to complete complicated & elaborate work tasks that may seem difficult to analyze
- Independently able to analyze business requirements and assist in creating technical requirements and design guidelines.
- Proficient operating outside of the job description
- Enjoys solving complex technical problems
- C and Java programming experience in a Unix or Linux environment
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and socket programming
- Solid understanding of Web Services (SOAP or RESTful)
- Proficient with JSON, XML, XSD, and XSLT
- Ability to develop solid interface programs using a variety of communications protocols
- Ability to debug running processes
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing
- Must be available to work outside of standard business hours on an as-needed basis for project cutovers and software support
- Willingness to travel throughout the United States as required (less than 10%)
- College degree in a related field of study
- Knowledge of Tomcat or another servlet container “a plus”
- Knowledge of SQL “a plus”
- Knowledge of ODBC, JDBC “a plus”
- Experience with command-line interfaces
- Experience with version control software (preferably Git)
- Experience with software development testing
- Experience using scripting languages e.g. Unix shell scripting, Perl, awk, etc.
A condition of employment includes the ability to pass a background check. CPI has contracts with State, Federal, and Local Law Enforcement Agencies, and as a result of this activity, CPI personnel come into contact with sensitive data, including Criminal History Records.