Computer Project of Illinois, Inc. (CPI) and The Kentucky State Police (KSP) has successfully migrated its current OpenFox® Message Switch and ancillary Databases from the current AIX environment to Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) environment. CPI migrated all existing OpenFox® functionality in the current AIX server environment to the new Linux/RHEL environment.
CPI spearheaded the project with a clear plan that included procurement, discovery & design, configuration testing, user acceptance testing, implementation, cut-over, and transition assistance.
CPI successfully upgraded the core OpenFox® Message Switch modules and replaced the current Power/AIX-based OpenFox® Message Switch Systems with a Linux/RHEL Virtual Machines (VM) which were provided by CPI.
The following OpenFox® components were upgraded in the migration:
- Message Switch
- Operator Aid
For OpenFox® application databases, CPI exported, converted, & imported the OpenFox® CHA, HFS, Sex Offender, Archive, and Validation data as follows:
- Installed SQL Server 2016 and Oracle 12.1 software and database environments
- Migrated OpenFox® CHA database from SQL Server 2008 r2 to SQL Server 2016 running on Windows Server 2016
- Converted OpenFox® HFS database, including Sex Offender tables, and Validations schema from AIX to Linux with an upgrade to Oracle 12.1 (PROD & Test)
- Migrated OpenFox® Archive database from SQL Server 2008 r2 to SQL Server 2016 running on Windows Server 2016
- Upgraded Easysoft to 1.10.5