CPI and Virginia State Police (VSP) in conjunction with the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) have installed a web service for vehicle-related transactions to exchange existing message formats between the OpenFox Message Switch and the new DMV data server via a new communication protocol.
CPI configured the following OpenFox components:
- A new asynchronous bi-directional RESTful (Representational State Transfer) web service interface to communicate with the DMV using the existing text format
- A new file route, a new station class, and associated new station(s) to support the new web service
- Code changes to the VCIN Switch to support the headers, trailers, and message formats
- Code changes to retain the image processing logic currently used in Class 3270 image processing
- A full list of vehicle-related MKE’s was updated & tested.
- All necessary transaction message formats have been updated
This project successfully configured the new web service, file route, station class, and associated stations to process vehicle-related transactions with the new DMV data server.