CPI has implemented a new Web Service for the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services (MDPSCS) to exchange vehicle-related transactions with the Maryland Vehicle Administration (MVA).
The primary objective of this project was to replace the legacy text interface between MVA and the OpenFox® Message Switch with a Web Service interface that transmits the Nlets National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) standardized format.
CPI provided and configured the following OpenFox components:
- New Web Service client in which the OpenFox Message Switch acts as the client
- RESTful (Representational State Transfer) client interface to connect to the MVA server. The Web Service will be synchronous.
- Modified the configuration and processing of the necessary MKEs
- Applied the standard presentation stylesheets as provided by Nlets for in-state responses
- Configured routing rules to deliver NIEM responses to Nlets and standard Nlets-provided presentation stylesheet output to in-state requestors
- Created a new file route, a new station class, and new stations to support the new Web Service interface
- Executed code changes to the OpenFox Message Switch to support the new headers, trailers and message formats
The OpenFox Message Switch now receives out-of-state vehicle queries from Nlets and transforms them to Nlets standard NIEM for delivery to the MVA.
The MVA now formats all responses to return the Nlets standardized, fully-tagged NIEM XML response.
About CPI: www.openfox.com