CPI has successfully installed and implemented the OpenFox Message Switching System, utilities, interfaces, licenses, and professional services in order to customize and deploy a replacement LEADS system for the Illinois State Police (ISP).
The functional areas, including all hardware, applications, licenses, and professional services to complete the installation were as follows:
- OpenFox Message Switch including Native XML support
- OpenFox Operator Aid
- RSA Security Library for FIPS 140-2 compliance
- OpenFox Desktop 4.0 – this is the workstation software that provides the environment for the various applications which run under the desktop. This includes:
- OpenFox Messenger Client – Used for NCIC, NLETS, Hot Files, and other operator input using preformatted forms. Transmission is encrypted with FIPS-140-2 certified encryption.
- OpenFox Archive 3.0
- OpenFox Configurator – utility for configuring the various items in the system including message keys, stations/ORI’s, lists, roles, users, etc.
- OpenFox Forms Configurator
- OpenFox HotFiles Application 2.0
- NCIC, Nlets, & NICS interfaces
- Custom Interfaces for interfaces and protocols specific to Illinois
- Forms Customizations – all NCIC and Nlets message keys and state-specific message formats were built and forms created/modified per customer requirements
- Includes Documentation, Testing, and Training
The modernized LEADS system is now hosted in CPI’s Tier III+ data center. OpenFox Software as a Service includes licenses and customizations of the following:
- RSA Security Library to meet CJIS Security Policy FIPS 140-2 and installation for OpenFox Messenger
- CPI OpenFox Messenger client licenses/product keys to replace current direct connect terminals plus additional capacity for growth
- CPI OpenFox Configurator application
- CPI OpenFox Forms Configurator
- CPI OpenFox Operator Aid GUI utility
- CPI OpenFox Archive 3.0
- CPI OpenFox HotFiles 2.0
- Oracle™ Database Management Software
- CPI standard NCIC and Nlets Interfaces (TCP/IP).
- CPI standard FBI NICS interface (TCP/IP)
- Custom interfaces using TCP/IP for CHRI, SOS, and Corrections as well as the METRO agencies.
- Standard and state-specific forms for use within OpenFox Messenger.
- CPI Hosting Services also includes the following:
- Maintenance and support of all software and hardware
- Systems and Software management and maintenance by trained engineers.
- Post-production support for the life of the contract
- Hardware upgrades as needed
The new ISP Leads Message Switch is CPI’s Thirtieth (30) State level Message Switch Deployment.
The new ISP Leads system is CPI’s eighth (8) SaaS Client.