West Virginia State Police has modernized its Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) interface. The project replaces the current interface to the DMV with a new synchronous web service interface.
The primary objective of this project was to replace the legacy interface and enhance the OpenFox® Message Switch with a Web Service interface that exchanges Nlets National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) standardized XML.
The scope of work for this project included the following:
- The legacy 3270 interface has been decommissioned
- CPI installed a new RESTful Web Services client interface
- CPI converted the query formats exchanged from legacy text to Nlets NIEM standardized format
- CPI performed the following actions for responses:
- Display the customer-provided text presentation for in-state responses
- Forward the fully-tagged DMV response to Nlets, as is, without modification
Learn more about the OpenFox Message Switch: https://www.openfox.com/products/message-switch/